We regret to inform you that as of May 1, 2016 VistaNet will be ceasing all business operations.
This has been an extremely difficult decision for us as owners, and for our employees. We have simply been unable to attain profitability over the last number of years despite extensive efforts to increase our customer base and strengthen our business offerings.
Many of you have been customers since we initially offered service over 10 years ago, we cannot thank you enough for your loyalty and the friendships we have created over the years. Others have been customers for a shorter time, perhaps only a few months. We sincerely thank you for choosing VistaNet and giving us the opportunity to provide you with high speed data.
Below is a list of what you may expect moving forward…
- As of April 16, 2016 no further billing to your account will take place.
- As of April 18, 2016 VistaNet will not schedule service calls or provide phone support for internet, email or any technical related issues.
- Your service will continue to operate at no additional charge until at the latest May 1, 2016.
- Within a few days of May 1, 2016 (give or take) a technician may arrive at your residence to collect all VistaNet equipment.
- During this time continue using our service at no additional cost while you look for another service provider.
- Some customers may notice service termination prior to May 1. We will do our best to avoid this, but cannot guarantee service until the May 1 closure date.
As of May 1, 2016 all @vistanet.net email addresses will no longer be active, please make the transition to another email provider such as gmail, yahoo etc.
As we focus on winding down operations we will only be able to provide email support for BUSINESS customers moving forward.
Please follow the steps below:
To Export all account emails, contacts and files:
- Go to http://vistanetwebmail.isp.com (or click the “Check your email” link at the top or bottom of this page and login to your email account.
- Click the “Preferences” tab toward the top of the screen once logged in.
- Click “Import/Export” on the sidebar menu to the left.
- Under Export make sure “Account” is selected, then click the “Export” button at the bottom right. This export file can then be imported into a new email account and will contain your emails, contacts and folders.
When you register for a new email provider you will take the “Export File” and “import” it into their service, this will bring in all of your contacts, folders, emails etc.
We recommend that you do not wait to export necessary email files as all @VistaNet.Net email addresses will be deleted with no retrieval possible after May 1, 2016.